New Addington, the park runs between Milne Park East and Milne Park West, Homestead Way lies to the south.
17 acres 6.88 hectares.
- Playing field
- Multi use games area incorporating basketball and football
- Bowling green and pavilion - see clubs and charges
- Childrens playground (toddler and junior)
- There is a designated cycle path (part of the Water Link Way) running through the park
In 1930 an application was made for the use of a field at Addington as a private aerodrome, Croydon Corporation objected on environmental grounds but they were overruled by the Minister of Health.
The Air Ministry sanctioned the use of a field in spring 1932. The area lay between Featherbed Lane and Lodge Lane and extended from St Edwards Church to Fairchilds School at the southern end of New Addington. Milne Park Playing Field is all that now remains of the aerodrome, the adjacent land has been developed for housing and local amenities.
While the airfield operated it was used by the transport firm that owned it to train their pilots. An air pageant was held at the aerodrome in 1933, when aerobatics, parachute jumping, and wing walking were included on the list of entertainments. The field was not used during the Second World War and the company that owned it eventually moved to Gatwick to continue their business.
The land was acquired by the Council for Housing but it was declared Green Belt Land and appropriated as public open space in 1963.
Milne Park today forms part of a series of open spaces that run from one end of New Addington to the other. The park is overlooked by many houses and gives its name to the two roads that run either side of it. At the weekends the park is used by footballers and cricketers depending on the season.