We are still working under government and public health guidance. Some services and opening hours may be affected. Further information can be found on our Libraries Update page.
Current opening hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10am to 6pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 10am to 6pm
- Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday: Closed
Last entry is 30 minutes before closing. PC sessions are for 45 minutes to allow for cleaning between appointments. Bookable study space is now available, please contact the library directly to book.
Download or view our latest update for the refurbishment
How Norbury Library will be different
You said, we did
During public engagement activities in 2016 and 2018, library users told us that access to books, together with space to study, learn and use computers were most important to them about their library.
Earlier this year, over 100 people came to our open day to tell us what they thought about the refurbishment proposals. Their feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Read more about what people told us and view the refurbishment plans in the document at the bottom of this page.
The new-look Norbury Library will:
- have a refreshed book stock
- be a more flexible space with many different areas for smart working, including booths, open table and breakout areas
- have a new, faster IT network, new computers and improved Wi-Fi
The refurbishment will respect the original 1930s features, whilst creating a modern library with improved, accessible community space.
Changes will include:
- swapping the community events room with the children’s library to help reduce noise levels. The children’s library will be a vibrant and colourful space which can be adapted for different activities
- new LED lighting will work with the existing glass ceilings (or lay-lights) to maximise light in the library
- the new flexible events space will also be used as a large study/breakout area connected to a quiet study area; the main library will also have different areas for smart working and study
- the library will be redecorated throughout with new furniture to support the space being as flexible as possible; new lift will make it fully accessible