We are still working under government and public health guidance. Some services and opening hours may be affected. Further information can be found on our Libraries Update page.
Current opening hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 4pm
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Saturday: 10am to 5pm
Last entry is 30 minutes before closing. PC sessions are for 45 minutes to allow for cleaning between appointments. Bookable study space is now available, please contact the library directly to book.
- books, CDs and DVDs for loan
- children's library and events
- local studies library and archives
- enquiry service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- free access to PCs including the internet
- newspapers and periodicals
- community information
- business information service
- lesbian gay bi and trans collection
- reference materials for most open university undergraduate courses
- books in community languages
- Wordwise collection for children with dyslexia
- homework help clubs
- reading groups
- public toilets
- 102 study spaces plus 35 laptop use study spaces
Our display boards are available for use free of charge to advertise your club or society.
Start Ups in London Libraries
Croydon Libraries’ new service, Start-ups in London Libraries, is here to help you turn your business idea into a reality. Run in conjunction with British Library and fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, we offer one to one support to both new businesses and those yet to take the plunge, access to online business support databases and a range of free British Library led workshops on how to start and grow your business.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The project is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, The British Library, 10 participating London boroughs and generously supported by JP Morgan and Arts Council England.
Food waste bags
Food waste bags cost £5.99 for 100. You can buy these from all Croydon libraries.
Green waste bags
Green waste bags cost £1. You can buy these from all Croydon libraries .