This summer things are very different to what we're used to. But we're still keen for children and young people to engage in safe activities, where possible.
Activities and childcare over the summer
The number of clubs and activities is likely to be very limited this summer as there are strict guidelines. This means that more activities will be offered online and as virtual classes.
For activities for young people - visit the Young Croydon website
For community activities - visit the Simply Connect Croydon website
For childcare information - visit the Family Space Croydon website
Anyone planning to use services out-of-school hours, should review the government's guidance for parents and carers
Guidance for schools and organisations planning activities
The government has published protective measures guidance for planning and providing activities out-of-school hours. This should be used alongside the guidance for the safe use of community facilities
To ensure facilities and activities and are safe, please adhere to all the current government guidance.
If a child becomes unwell with COVID-19 symptoms
If a child does becomes unwell with COVID-19 symptoms while attending your holiday provision or activity. You should:
- isolate the child in a closed ventilated room until they are collected by their parent or carer
- if isolation is not possible, they should be moved to an area at least two metres from other people
- clean any contaminated areas
- refer to the risk assessment that was written for running the activity during the COVID-19 period - the venue should have one too
- email Shelley Davies - Director of Education Shelley.Davies@croydon.gov.uk and Rachel Flowers - Director of Public Health Rachel.Flowers@croydon.gov.uk
The child and the parent/carer who collects them should be reminded that:
- they need to request a test as soon as possible
- the child should self isolate for 7 days
- the rest of the household should self-isolate for 14 days
Local advice and resources
You can take advantage of local resources to help with planning. To access advice and resources, please email email@example.com
Free online training around safeguarding, food hygiene, equality and diversity and much more can be accessed too at Croydon Me Learning
Healthy food options
When planning activities, it's also important to provide healthy food options.
Please see the links below for guidance and advice about this.