Community Sport, Physical Activity and Health Network
In 2018 and 2019, Croydon Council launched a new series of networking meetings for thought leaders dedicated to community sport and health within the borough. The Active Lifestyles team are creating a new strategic drive for the borough and the network is aimed at senior managers working strategically across community sport and health in Croydon.
The intention for the group is to recruit an independent chairperson who will drive the group forward to achieve great things for our residents.
Aims of the network
The organisations who form this strategic network aim to provide borough-wide direction on matters regarding Sport, Physical Activity and Health improvement in Croydon with the overall aim of increasing participation levels, whilst reducing numerous health inequalities.
Specific objectives include;
- to be inclusive and accessible to members, the public and other key stakeholders.
- to promote opportunities for residents to have healthy and active lifestyles.
- to increase participation in sport, physical activity and improve health across the borough, but more specifically around key groups that are known to be less active than others.
- to support, promote and improve the community infrastructure for sport, physical activity and health in Croydon.
- to attract and secure an increase of funding for public and voluntary sector departments/organisations in the borough, to achieve our aims.
If you are interested in hearing more or have any queries about Croydon’s CSPAHN, please email: SPA@croydon.gov.uk.