- Monday: 9am to 7pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 6pm
- Thursday: 9:30am to 6pm
- Friday: 9am to 6pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: closed
Changes to opening hours in holiday period
- Tuesday 24 December: 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 December: closed
- Tuesday 31 December: 9am to 4pm
- Wednesday 1 January: closed
- books, CDs and DVDs for loan
- children's library and events - see below
- local studies library and archives
- enquiry service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- free access to PCs including the internet
- newspapers and periodicals
- community information
- business information service
- lesbian gay bi and trans collection
- reference materials for most open university undergraduate courses
- books in community languages
- Wordwise collection for children with dyslexia
- homework help clubs - see below
- reading groups - see below
- public toilets
- 102 study spaces plus 35 laptop use study spaces
Our display boards are available for use free of charge to advertise your club or society.
Start Ups in London Libraries
Croydon Libraries’ new service, Start-ups in London Libraries, is here to help you turn your business idea into a reality. Run in conjunction with British Library and fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, we offer one to one support to both new businesses and those yet to take the plunge, access to online business support databases and a range of free British Library led workshops on how to start and grow your business.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
The project is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, The British Library, 10 participating London boroughs and generously supported by JP Morgan and Arts Council England.
For more events view the events calendar.
We run the following free drop-in events for young children:
- weekly Rhymetime sessions for babies and young toddlers: Wednesdays 11am to 11:30am, Thursdays 10:30am to 11am, 11:30am to midday and Saturdays 11am to 11:30am
Download information about our latest events below. You can also see events for children and adults that are taking place in the community.
Homework help clubs
These take place in the Children's Library for 9 to 16 year-olds.
Specially trained helpers offer support with homework assignments. Students benefit from space to study, access to a wide selection of books, word processing and supervised internet access.
The clubs operate at these times:
Term time only: Tuesday and Thursday 4pm to 6pm; Saturday 2pm to 5pm
Careers, training and learning advice sessions
The National Careers Service provides access to free, impartial, professional advice on careers skills and the job market. They can help you:
- identify the job that’s right for you
- look for apprenticeships
- further your education
- progress in your current job
- research self-employment
- change career
- return to work
To book an appointment call 0800 100 900.
There are 4 reading groups for adults at the Central Library. These meet:
- the second Saturday of the month at 11am - meet at the Level 2 enquiry desk
- the second Monday of the month 6pm to 7pm in the Level 2 meeting room.
- Rainbow Reading group for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people meets at 2:30pm on Level 1 on the last Thursday of the month: www.rainbowreadinggroup.org.uk
- non-fiction reading group meet on the third Monday of the month at 1pm in the Level 2 meeting room
Food waste bags
Food waste bags cost £5.99 for 100. You can buy these from all Croydon libraries.
Green waste bags
You can buy these from all Croydon libraries for £1 each.