Staying Put gardening service
Do you need help maintaining your garden?
If the answer is yes, the Staying Put gardening service may be able to help you. This service is available borough-wide.
To be entitled you must be:
- Aged 60 or over or disabled
- Own your property, or be a tenant of council or private rented property.
What type of work is covered?
- Tidying up front and back gardens
- Grass cutting
Please note that:
- no fencing work can be done.
- no work can be done on anything higher than six feet.
If you are a council or private tenant we cannot carry out works for which your landlord is responsible. If unsure please consult your tenancy officer or landlord first.
How much will it cost?
The current charge is £25 per hour (this is pro rata - meaning you do not pay for a full hour if the job does not take the full hour). The gardening team is able to remove any garden waste from the property (this is included in the cost).