Books of condolence
Our Book of Condolence is open at Braithwaite Hall, Croydon Town Hall, Katharine Street for residents to leave messages:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday 10 September 9am to 6pm
- Sunday 11 September 9am to 6pm
- Saturdays and Sundays - 9am-6pm
The Book of Condolence at Braithwaite Hall will be closed for messages of reflection on the day of the State Funeral but will reopen on Tuesday morning.
Katharine Street is closed to motor traffic so that people can lay floral tributes and sign the Book of Condolence safely.
Residents can also visit libraries to leave messages to be added to the book. You can find your local library and its opening times on our libraries pages.
You can lay floral tributes at:
- The flagpole outside the Town Hall, Katharine Street, CR0 1NX
- Coulsdon Memorial Ground in Marlpit Lane, CR5 2HA
- Norwood Grove Recreation Ground, Crescent Way, SW16 3AL
- St Edward King & Confessor C of E Church, New Addington
- Wandle Park, Cornwall Road, CR0 3RD.
These areas will be signposted and volunteers will be on hand to guide visitors.