Blue badges are the property of local councils, who can take them away if they are misused. This page explains what counts as misuse of a blue badge. It also tells you what you should do if you suspect someone is misusing a blue badge.
What counts as misuse of a blue badge?
Some forms of misuse are against the law. These include:
- Allowing someone else to use your blue badge;
- Using a fake or altered blue badge while your vehicle is being driven;
- Using a fake or altered blue badge while your vehicle is parked;
- Any other kind of dishonesty or deception in obtaining or using a blue badge;
- Using a cancelled badge while your vehicle is being driven or is parked;
- Using a badge that should have been returned while your vehicle is being driven or is parked.
Croydon's parking services takes the issue of blue badge fraud seriously. Our civil enforcement officers are trained to identify fraudulent badges and if one is located, the vehicle may be removed. If you suspect that a person is misusing a blue badge, please report it by completing our suspected misuse or fraud report form.