Helping residents heat their homes and reduce their fuel bills.
Croydon Healthy Homes is Croydon Council’s free energy advice service aimed at Croydon residents on low incomes, and those more vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home (especially families with young children, older residents and residents with pre-existing medical conditions).
Our team of qualified energy assessors can offer you the following:
- advice about gas and electricity tariffs and payment methods;
- checking you receive all the support you are entitled from your energy supplier. This could include Warm Homes Discount (a £140 discount on your electricity bill), and support through the Priority Services Register
- using OFGEM accredited price comparison sites, assisting you find the best fuel tariffs for you, and if want to change to the new tariff, supporting you switch
- advice about any debt you owe to your energy supplier
- advice about discounts and support from your water company (such a 50% discount on your water bill)
- advice about Smart Meters
If you own your home or if you rent it from a private sector landlord we can also offer:
- an assessment to see if your household and home meets the eligibility criteria for grant funding for larger energy efficiency measures [for example insulation and new heating systems]. We can help you to apply for regional and national grants. Information about current schemes available and eligibility requirements are on our domestic energy advice page.
- advice about using the heating controls in your home, and ensuring they are set appropriately for the needs of your household
- advice about damp and mould issues (if you rent your property please seek support from your landlord before contacting us)
- If you rent your home from Croydon Council or a Housing Association, please speak to their housing team for advice about energy improvements, your heating controls and any damp and mould issues.
The advice is initially through a telephone consultation. Where appropriate and at our discretion we can offer follow up home visits and other face to face support.
Face to face support is currently suspended due to social distancing rules, but expected to resume in Summer 2021.
Croydon Healthy Homes can only offer you support if you pay your electricity bill directly to your energy supplier, either through a direct debit, on receipt of a bill, or through a key or card (prepayment) meter.
There are no other rigid eligibility criteria, however the advice and support you can be offered will be at the discretion of the team, and based upon our assessment of your needs, the resources available, and the demand for the service.
Your answers to questions in the application process will help us assess your eligibility for discounts, grant funding, as well as the support we can offer you.
How to apply
Croydon Healthy Homes is due to re-launch in November 2020, but applications are open now for the new service
Please read our privacy statement before applying. Our team will contact you to discuss your support needs and arrange an appointment when the new service launches
You can refer someone else through the link, but must have gained their consent before proceeding
You can contact Croydon Healthy Homes on Freephone number 0800 292 2529 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Information about events where you can find out more about Croydon Healthy Homes is available on our energy events page.
Domestic energy advice
Read our domestic energy advice page for information about local and regional schemes to help you reduce your fuel bills, and improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Professionals and voluntary or community groups
If you are a professional or from a community or voluntary sector group, and would like to discuss opportunities to promote Croydon Healthy Homes to your clients or members, email email@example.com or call Malcolm Bell, Energy Projects Manager, on 020 8726 6000 extension 61432.
You will be asked a series of questions about you and other people who live in your home. The information will be used to help ensure we can provide the best support, and information about other services which may be of interest to you. You do not have to answer every question, but the more information you provide us, the better the support we can offer you.
With your written consent we will use the information you provide us to apply for additional support you might be entitled to, and to other schemes of interest to you.
During home visits, a Croydon Healthy Homes advisor will do a brief survey of your home to assess which support can be provided to improve the energy efficiency of your home, helping ensure you can heat your home adequately, but without paying more than you need on your fuel bills. With your consent we can fit some small energy and water efficiency measures which will help reduce your bills immediately.
Your data will be held securely with only Croydon Council’s Croydon Healthy Homes team having access to your personal data. The team will comply with relevant data protection law including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR. The Croydon Healthy Homes team will anonymise some personal data to assess the how well we are doing, and help identify improvements for future schemes, but no individuals will be identifiable from the project report.
Croydon Healthy Homes is a 3 year programme running until 2023, and all the data we collect about you during the home visit will be deleted at the end of the programme.
For more information about how we use your personal information and your rights please read the council’s privacy notice.