We do not provide an out of hours service for complaints about parties.
Complaints about one-off parties are unlikely to be dealt with under nuisance law as in the majority of parties are one off events. However, if the occupier has regular parties then this can be dealt with in the same manner as normal noise complaints.
What you can do
If you are considering having a party, these tips may help to avoid annoying your neighbours:
- tell your neighbours in advance of your plans
- it is difficult to control music noise when speakers are outside in the open, so avoid speakers in the garden
- keep the volume of music low after 11pm and close windows and doors
- ask guests to leave quietly after the party, avoiding shouting, revving of car engines, or sounding of car horns
- Noisy party patrol (PDF, 73.32KB)