- SEND Hotline, tel. 020 8604 7263, ext., 47263
- Hearing Impairment Service Hotline (based at Central Office New Addington), tel. 020 8760 5783
- Visual Impairment Service Hotline (based at Central Office New Addington), tel. 020 8760 5784
- Children with Disabilities Team, MASH@croydon.gov.uk
- Adult Social Care, tel. 0208 726 6500 (limited service available).
- Youth Offending Service (YOS) - Marina Grandison, Senior Education Project Worker, tel 0208 404 5856 Ext. 5800, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Psychology Service (EPS) – tel. 020 8241 5460 or email: email@example.com
In an emergency
If you need to speak to someone in an emergency because you are worried about someone’s safety, contact 020 8726 6500.
Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm
- Contact the joint community learning disability emergency response team in an emergency, or to find out about services:
Joint Community Learning Disability Emergency Response Team, tel. 020 8726 6500, email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of office hours
- Contact the emergency duty social worker at the contact details below. Ask to speak to a social worker or leave your name and phone number and a social worker will call you back:
Emergency duty social worker, tel. 020 8726 6500.
In Croydon there is a large number of organisations offering advice, guidance and support. Whilst we have listed a few below a more extensive list can be found on the Advice, Guidance and Advocacy section of the Local Offer.
0 – 25 SEND Team
The service provides specialist support for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with SEND and their families who require support over and above that available through universal and community services.
The service comprises of teams who have relevant knowledge, experience and skills to work with disabled children and young people. They work closely with other services such as health, education and community organisations.
Who is eligible?
- To receive support from social care, children and young people supported by the service will have a permanent and substantial physical and/or learning disability, this includes profound multiple disabilities, disability associated with complex health problems or severe sensory disabilities and are in need of support services. It excludes unrelated emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.
- To receive support from the special educational needs (SEN) team, all children and young people supported by the service must have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or is being transferred onto an EHCP from a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SSEN) or a Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA).
0 – 25 SEND Team,
2nd Floor Bernard Weatherill House,
8 Mint Walk,
Tel: 0208 726 6000
SENDirect has worked in partnership with other organisations to bring together and create a directory of information and services that may help to support you and your family. Please visit https://sendirect.org.uk/ for more information.
Parents in Partnership
Parents in Partnership parent forum aims to enable and empower you to feel able to engage in local consultations and make representations at our parent forum meetings with professionals. We provide training and support and offer financial payment for attending meetings on the forums behalf. For further information please email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Lives Independent Support Service
Carers Support Centre,
24 George Street,
Croydon CR0 1PB
Tel: 0203 131 3150
Offers an independent support service in Croydon, Lambeth and Southwark, providing information and support to parents/carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities who are being assessed for, or transferring to, an Education, Health and Care Plan.
EHCP drop-in sessions every first Tuesday of the month from 10am to 12pm (TERM TIME ONLY)
KIDS Croydon SENDIAS and MEDIATION Service
Carers Support Centre,
24 George Street,
020 8663 5630/5631
Monday to Friday 10am -5pm
SEND Drop In sessions
Every Friday 10am - 12pm
- Croydon SEND leaflet [1.1MB]
- SEND Support [182.2KB]
- Leaflet - Independent Support - Parents - Family Lives [711.7KB]
- Leaflet - Independent Support - Young People [344.3KB]