Croydon is committed to maintaining and improving the economic and social wellbeing of the people in the borough within a sustainable, safe and high-quality environment.
This commitment is firmly grounded in our environmental policy, the Green Commitment.
The policy was published in June 1999 and sets out our environmental aims and objectives for improving the borough's environment.
Its overall aims are to:
- pursue and encourage environmental sustainability
- protect and improve the quality of the borough's local surroundings
- meet and, where possible, improve upon environmental standards
- continually strive to improve environmental performance
- work in partnership with all parts of the community to promote environmental sustainability.
The Green Commitment can be downloaded below.