The Learning Disability Partnership was set up as required by 'Valuing People'.
'Valuing People Now' is the Government's latest guidance about what needs to happen to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities. For more information, see the related information link at the bottom of this page.
The Learning Disability Partnership:
- ensures that agencies plan and arrange services that work together, include people and provide choice
- contributes to the yearly plan for learning disabilities and how this is put into action
- contributes to other plans, such as the Croydon health improvement plan and the housing plan
- promotes the smooth transition of young people with learning disabilities from children's to adult services
- works to ensure that people are not denied a local service because of a lack of provision
- takes into account the views and needs of people from minority ethnic communities and their families
- ensures that all services can meet the different cultural needs of people with learning disabilities
- creates links with organisations whose responsibilities are relevant to making 'Valuing People Now' happen
- oversees the development of advocacy for people with learning disabilities and promotes person centred planning
- fosters the development of support services to encourage increased take up of direct payments.
Download the 'Strategy for Learning Disability Services' and the 'Learning Disability Commissioning Plan' below.
You can also download the 'Valuing People Now: Partnership Board Annual Self Assessment Report' below. This report was submitted to the Department of Health.
- Learning Disability Partnership Notes 14 April 2015 (Easy Read) [247.1KB]
- Learning Disability Partnership Board Notes 14 April 2015 [713.9KB]
- Strategy for Learning Disability Service 2009 - 2012 [171.0KB]
- Learning Disability Partnership - Terms of Reference [46.7KB]
- Learning Disability Partnership Board Terms of Reference Easy Read [833.0KB]
- Bus Day - Factsheet [380.7KB]
- Croydon Joint Strategic Needs Assessment [897.6KB]
- Croydon People First Update October 2013 [6.9MB]
- Actions to Make Things Better for People with Learning Disability in Croydon [240.3KB]
- M A D - Care Forum [72.5KB]
- LD Commissioning Plan 2009 -10 [31.1KB]
- Croydon Learning Disability Partnership Annual Self Assessment Report 2010-11 [466.2KB]
- Croydon Learning Disability Partnership Annual Self Assessment Report 2009 -10 [208.1KB]