If your account is in credit as a result of overpaying your Council Tax last year, you will have been issued with a notice confirming this which tells you how to claim a refund.

If you have not claimed the credit by 1 March 2021, this will then automatically be used to reduce the amount due in 2020/21, lowering your monthly instalments.

If you would like to claim a refund of the credit once your new bill has been issued, you will need to contact us as soon as possible to arrange this. Your 2020/21 instalments will be recalculated to remove the credit, and a new bill sent with higher instalments than the original bill. 

Manage your payments

You can check your current balance, payments made and instalments due online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in My Account - Council Tax.

If you're not sure if you are owed anything, look at your final bill. Your bill will show that you owe a negative amount. You will see a '-' sign in front of the "any amount owed" box.

Start now