- Business in the Community, sponsored by Start Up Croydon
- Contribution to Sport and Healthy Living, sponsored by Axis
- Don’t Mess with Croydon – Take Pride, sponsored by Veolia
- Fairer Croydon, sponsored by Southern Marketing Services
- Good Neighbour, sponsored by Hilton Hotels
- Stronger Together, sponsored by Brick by Brick
- Volunteer of the Year, presented by Croydon Voluntary Action
- Young Achiever of the Year, sponsored by Connected Croydon
- Voluntary Group of the Year, sponsored by Mulalley
- Mayor of Croydon Lifetime Achievement, sponsored by Veolia
Winner: Brian R Hollands MBE
Brian, 88, has been a Croydon resident all his life and a volunteer at St Christopher’s Hospice for around 25 years after retiring from a career as a chartered surveyor. He soon became an integral member of the volunteering team as an ambulance driver, collecting patients from their homes and bringing them to the hospice for appointments. Over the many years Brian has been involved as a volunteer in many areas of the hospice such as archiving, selling raffle tickets in the Whitgift Centre and attending all their fundraising events, helping to raise vital funds for the hospice. In 1999 Brian received an MBE for services to the community.
We are delighted to formally recognise Brian’s dedication to Croydon’s community by announcing him as the winner of the 2017 Mayor of Croydon’s Lifetime Achievement Award.