Croydon Register Office holds records relating to births, deaths and marriages that occurred in Croydon dating from 1837.
What you need to order a certificate
Birth certificate copy
- full name at birth
- date of birth
- place of birth (hospital/home address)
- mother's full name (including maiden name if possible)
- father's full name (if possible).
Death certificate copy
- full name of deceased
- date of death
- name and address of place of death
- maiden surname (if applicable)
Marriage* and civil partnership certificate copy
- venue of the marriage/civil partnership
- date of marriage/civil partnership
- full names of both parties (for the woman, her surname before marriage/civil partnership)
*For church marriages, certificate copies are only available from the Register Office once the church has passed their marriage register to us. Therefore, to obtain a copy of the marriage certificate you may need to contact the relevant church. Please contact the Register Office for further advice.
Personal / postal application
A copy certificate can be obtained from the Register Office either by personal application or by post. The fee is £11 for each certificate and they will take 10 working days to produce.
Payment can be made by
- Debit/credit card
- Postal Order
If paying by cheque or postal order, payment should be made payable to Croydon Council. PLEASE NOTE we cannot accept cash payments.
If applying by post please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope and your phone number. If applying from outside the British Isles you will need to send an international money order drawn on a UK bank in pounds sterling.
Croydon Register Office
Ground Floor Offices
Croydon Town Hall
Monday - Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm (Closed on the first Wednesday morning of every month for training )