Standard child performance and activities licence

If you're a running an event where a child will be performing, you must apply for a child performance licence.

Guide Navigation

Skip Guide Navigation

Information you need to provide

You will usually need to obtain this information from the child’s parent. The parent of the child will also need to sign the completed form, but the form should be submitted by the applicant (unless the parent is also responsible for organising the activity or production). See regulation 4 of the Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014.   

You'll need to provide:

  • a copy of the child’s birth certificate (scanned copies are acceptable – do not send original hard copies)
  • 2 identical prints (un-mounted) of a photograph of the child taken during the last 6 months or an electronic likeness (for example, jpeg file)
  • a copy of the contract, draft contract or other documents (where they exist) containing details of the agreement regulating the child’s participation in the performance or activity to which this application relates