The discretionary support fund consists of two different funds to support customers who are in financial hardship. They are:
- Discretionary housing payments (DHP)
- Croydon discretionary support (CDS).
Please be aware if you are in receipt of housing benefit in a different borough, you will need to contact that council for assistance.
All applications must be submitted with the following:
- Budget planner
- Last 3 months bank statements for all active accounts for all parties (applications for deposit/rent in advance)
Please be aware if you are applying for deposit/rent in advance the property must be affordable.
Please link to the local housing allowance (LHA) rates which is a guideline for affordability.
If you are in receipt of housing benefit from Croydon Council and need help with any of the following:
- Shortfall in your rent
- Rent in advance/deposit
- Removal costs
If you require help with any of the following:
- Essential goods items
- Rent in advance & deposit (not currently in receipt of housing benefit)
- Removals (not currently in receipt of housing benefit)
- Emergency living expenses
discretionary support telephone number: 0208 604 7226
If you need further support, please use the following links: