Please contact us if any of the following changes happen to you or to anyone who lives with you.
Please call us to report a change in circumstance on 020 8726 7000 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
It is best to tell us as soon as they happen to you so we can make sure we are paying you the correct amount of benefit. You must contact us within a calendar month of the change happening.
Tell us about changes to the money you or your family get:
- If your jobseekers allowance, income support, employment support allowance or any other type of benefits you receive changes or stops
- If you or your partner have stopped working
- If you or your partner start working or become self employed
- If the hours either you or your partner works go up or down
- If either you or your partner's pay/wages go up or down
- If your tax credits go up or down
- If the amount you pay for childcare costs goes up or down
- If the amount of savings you have goes up or down.
Tell us about changes to the way we should pay your housing benefits
- Please fill in a change of bank details form, if you want to change the bank details your money is paid into
- Please fill in a change of landlord/landlady details form, if your landlord/lady wants to change their details
- Please fill in change of payment method form, if you currently receive a housing benefit cheque but you would like us to start paying into your bank.
Tell us about changes to where you and your families live
- If you move to a different address within the borough or if you move out of the borough
- If anyone, moves in or out of your home
- If you or anyone else who lives with you leaves the country or is in prison or hospital.
Tell us about changes to who you live with
- The birth of a child
- If any child (18 years or over) starts or leaves school or university
- If you or anyone else who lives with you pay/wages go up or down.
Please tell us if any other change happens to you that is not listed above, which you think could change the amount of benefit you get.
Be prepared when you call
When you call us please have your benefit reference number ready to give to us and also details of your change i.e. your payslips if you are working and your pay has gone up or down.
Want to know how the change affects your benefits?
Please use our benefits calculator to see an estimate of what your new benefit entitlement will be.
If you would like us to pay your landlord, please download, complete and return the direct payments to landlord form below.
If you are self-employed, please provide your trading accounts for the last financial year. If you do not have these, please download, complete and return the self-employed earnings form below.
If you have just started work or do not have any payslips please download, complete and return the certificate of earned income form below.
When the form has been completed, please send it to: Income and Benefits, 5th floor, Zone A, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support
Housing benefit section
London Borough of Croydon
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
Croydon, CR0 1EA