Follow @CroTravelAlerts for road closures, diversions and other travel advice to keep you moving around Croydon.
View all current and planned road works in Croydon and London on TfL's register of London roadworks or UK wide on roadworks.org. Information on these sites includes work carried out by utility companies that are not fully under the council's control.
Temporary traffic signals and road closures
Sydenham Road: Sunday 12 May 2019
Sydenham Road will be closed Sunday 12 May to facilitate a crane between Dingwall Road and Wellesley Road.
16 Harold Road: 12 to 17 April 2019
2-way signals. Busrt water main.
Marlpit Lane/Ullswater Crescent: 11 to 16 April 2019
To facilitate emergency repairs on the water valve to increase water pressure and poor supply to the local area, Marlpit Lane, near its junction with Ullswater Crescent, will be controlled with multi-way temporary signals, which will be manually controlled at peak times. Work started last night and are expected to take approximately 5 days to complete
Southcote Road and Hook Hill Roads (closed at The Ridgeway): 6 to 21 April 2019
Gas replacement works.
Highfield Road: 17 to 18 April 2019
Auckland Road: 15 to 17 April 2019
Resurfacing works from properties 11 to 82.
Churchill site, Addington Road: 8 to 19 April 2019
Sewer connections to the Churchill site on Addington Road near the junction of Upper Selsdon Road will be carried out over the Easter break. Works will commence on 8 April and are due to be complete by 19 April under 2-way temporary signals that will be manually controlled from 07:00 – 20:00.
Works in the North of the borough - April Easter School Break 2019
- Headcorn Road: Junction with London Road: SGN: Road Closed: 08/04/19-23/04/19 Displaced traffic diverted via Goldwell Road, Leander road and London road, with advance warning signs at Leander Road.
- Brigstock road, 135-139: Thames Water: Two-way signals: 08/04/19-19/04/19.
- Auckland Road, 50: SGN: Two-way signals: 08/04/19-12/04/19.
- Sydenham Road, 299: Thames Water: Two-way signals: 08/04/19-10/04/19.
- Selhurst road (junc Tennison): Thames Water: Multi-way signals: 08/04/19-11/04/19.
- Whitehorse Road (nr Princess Road): Thames Water: Two-way signals (cleared by 18:00 on the 11th.
- Whitehorse Road, 209 (nr Princess road): Thames Water: Two-way signals: 11/04/19. One night only 20:00-23:00.
- Whitehorse Road, (junction Saxon Road): Thames Water: Two-way signals with Saxon road closed. Local diversion: 15/04/19-20/04/19
- Bensham Manor Road, junction Bensham Close: Thames Water: Multi-way signals: 08/04/19-09/04/19.
- Beulah Hill, 49: UK Power Networks: Two-way signals: 09/04/19-11/04/19.
- Church Road, 144: UK Power Networks: Two-way signals: 16/04/19-22/04/19.
- Lancaster Road, junction Southern Avenue: Thames Water: Multi-way signals: 17/04/19-19/04/19.
All signals to be manually controlled during peak times or when required.
Epsom Road: 25 March 2019 for approximately 16 weeks
- Thames Water will be replacing old water pipes with new stronger ones. This is to ensure that Thames Water continue to provide a reliable service now and in the future
- SGN will be replacing old metal gas mains with new plastic pipes to ensure a continued safe and reliable gas supply for many years to come
- Croydon Council’s highways team will resurface the road once the two utilities have completed their upgrades to improve the appearance of the road surface and ensure there are no potholes.
To ensure everyone’s safety, Epsom Road will be closed to vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents, but signed diversions will be in place for through traffic. Some parking bays will not be accessible as these will be within the works area. Active parking bays will be clearly marked out at the time.
A drop-in session has been arranged for you to meet with all three organisations and find out more about the upcoming works. You’re welcome to come along anytime between
5pm and 8pm on Tuesday 19 March at The Minster Nursery & Infant School, Warrington Road, Croydon, CR0 4BH.
Croydon Travel alerts Twitter Feed
Tweets by @CroTravelAlerts