London Borough of Croydon

Under Section 247 of the Town & Country Planning Act, 1990, we may authorise the stopping up or diversion of any highway to enable development to be carried out in accordance with planning permission granted under Part III of the Act, or by a central government department.


No one shall have the authority to stop up or divert a highway until the notice announcing the council order has been published.

Please read the guidance notes at the end of the form before answering any questions.

We will accept an application via email but require that all supporting documentation, including a signed copy of the declaration (Section H), be sent by post, unless it is electronically signed.


Highway improvements team

020 8255 2816


Help downloading files