Croydon Local Plan Review
Due to be adopted in 2022, the review will update the vision and strategy for Croydon’s growth up to 2039 and set out how the council will continue to deliver much-needed new homes, jobs and community facilities.
The first stage of the review was to gain feedback from the community with a period of consultation referred to as the Issues and Options consultation. This took place between November 2019 and January 2020 and is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated in an event and/or shared feedback. All representations made during the consultation period are now being reviewed and will be used by the Spatial Plan to shape the Local Plan Review Preferred Option
The Preferred Option will be published during a second period of consultation late 2020. At this time a summary of what we heard during the Issues and Options consultation and the subsequent decisions that have been actioned will also be published.
The Local Plan Review will be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate for Examination early in 2021 and adopted in early 2022.
Further information on the status of the review will be uploaded here and the programme continues.
If you have any queries regarding the Local Plan review, or if you require the consultation document in any other format or language, contact us – email@example.com or 020 8407 1385
If you would like to be informed on the progress of the Local Plan Partial Review, including receiving information on how you can be involved, please join our subscriber list.
- Croydon Local Plan review - Issues and Options (Ch1 Introduction and Strategic Options).pdf
- Croydon Local Plan Review - Issues and Options 2019 (Ch2 Themes).pdf
- Croydon Local Plan Review - Issues and Options 2019 (Ch3 Addington to Norbury).pdf
- Croydon Local Plan Review - Issues and Options 2019 (Ch3 Purley to Selsdon).pdf
- Croydon Local Plan Review - Issues and Options 2019 (Ch3 Shirley to Waddon).pdf
- Croydon Local Plan review Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report - November 2019
- Sustainability Appraisal for the Croydon Local Plan review
- Issues and Options Interactive Map
Below are the following evidence document that support the Issues and Options consultation:
- Croydon Green Belt and Metropolitan Open Land Study
- Croydon Green Belt and Metropolitan Open Land Study – Technical Note
- Croydon Green Belt and Metropolitan Open Land Study – Appendix A – parcel survey proformas
- Development Infrastructure Funding Study (DIFS) 2019
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) 2019
- ‘Windfall’ or Small Sites Evidence Base 2019
- Statement of common ground
- Proposed Site Allocations - Evidence Document
- Local Green Space – Evidence Document
- Proposed Urban Extensions – Site Selection Analysis
For additional background evidence supporting the adopted Local Plan please visit the Evidence Page