Apsley Road Playground
South Norwood, Apsley Road.
1/4 acre 0.10 hectares.
- Children's play equipment
The playground is locked at night
The site of Apsley Road playground was purchased by the Borough of Croydon in 1946 for the purpose of building a children's playground and was formally the site of 15 Apsley Road.
The site was laid out as a children's playground in 1951 and was a very popular area in a district that had few local open spaces for play. There had been an air-raid shelter at the rear of 15 Apsley Road but this was demolished in 1973.