Your personal information
Managing your Allotment
Please see in the following documents relating to the management of your allotment:
- Allotment Agreement; this document details the way in which allotments should be managed by plotholders and the grounds for terminating a plotholder agreement and reallocating an allotment plot to an individual on our waiting list.
- Allotment bonfire rules; bonfires are not permitted on allotments unless they have been organised by allotment societies.
- Beekeeping; designated beekeeping plots are available across the Council managed allotment sites. There is a separate waiting list to get involved in these specific plots, to find our more please see the rules for beekeeping.
- Livestock; hens and rabbits are permitted on allotments, find out what proportion of your allotment you can use for livestock and how to get started.
- Temporary Structures; temporary structures only are permitted on allotments, find out what proportion of your allotment you can use for temporary structures and how to get started.
Paying for your Allotment
You’ve received your rent request letter, to make a payment online navigate to “Pay for it” and select Allotments. Currently we can only accept online payments for full and half plots as standard or concessionary rate. Please see the how-to-guide in the Downloads section for further information.
Payment can also be made by cheque. The cheque should be made to London Borough of Croydon. Please ensure the payment slip at the bottom of the rent request letter is completed and included. Please send your cheque payment to:
Allotments, 6th Floor Zone D, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
Finally you can also pay for Allotment services via Access Croydon – Bernard Weatherill House. Terminals are available for online payment and card payments. Please take your rent renewal letter and show it to a member of staff on duty. Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
020 8726 6900