Cabinet Committee approves proposed school expansion of Smitham Primary School
The Council's Cabinet Committee, at its meeting on 18 January 2016, approved the strategy to ensure sufficient school places are available to meet demand in the borough in the next 3 years - 2016/17 to 2018/19.
Subject to planning permission, this includes the permanent expansion of Smitham Primary school by 1FE, an additional 30 reception pupils from September 2018.
You can download the Education Estates Strategy - Cabinet report which provides details about the approved expansion.
Smitham Primary School
A community school for boys and girls.
Headteacher: Sarah Garner
Admissions number: 90
Age range: 3-11
Nursery Classes: 52 part time places
DfE number: 2067
- Education Estates Strategy - Cabinet report [3.4MB]
- Smitham Primary School - proposed expansion - representation outcomes report [1.2MB]
- Publication of Statutory Notice and start of formal consultation on the proposed expansion of Smitham Primary School [57.7KB]
- Smitham Primary School consultation document [278.4KB]
- Smitham Primary School leaflet [65.0KB]
- Primary schools prospectus 2016 - 2017 [4.2MB]
- Smitham Primary stakeholder engagement document [259.1KB]
- Smitham Primary engagement outcomes report - revised [401.5KB]
- The Department for Education guidance on ‘The free school presumption’ [177.9KB]
- Smitham Primary proposed expansion consultation presentation [637.9KB]
- Smitham Primary proposed expansion FAQs [93.2KB]
- Smitham Primary full proposal [338.5KB]
- Smitham Primary proposed expansion Engagement meeting key points [303.3KB]