Adult social care complaints

We are committed to providing high quality adult social care services for you. Sometimes you can think of a better way of doing things. We want to know so that we can put it right.

If you have concerns about our social care services then you have the right to make a complaint. We want to know about any complaints, comments or suggestions you have about the services the council and its partners provide. Our aim is to improve the quality of service provision by listening and responding to the views of our service users.

Complaints about Adult Social Care are investigated under the Local Authority Social Services and National Health Services complaint (England) Regulations 2009 statutory complaints procedure. 

Complaints that fall outside of these guidelines will be investigated under Croydon’s corporate complaints process. You can find out more about this by clicking on the link.

How to make a complaint

Complaints should be submitted in writing by email or post; if you would like to talk through your complaint with a member of the Complaints Resolution Team you can call them on 020 8726 6000.

The easiest way to register a complaint is to email us at or you can write to us at:

Complaint Resolution Team
5th Floor, Zone D
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk

How we will manage your complaint

Adult Social Care complaints will be investigated by a senior manager within the relevant team:

  • your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days
  • you will be given a complaint reference number and the date by which you should receive a written response (usually 10 working days).

This is a 1 stage complaints process; if you are not happy with the response you receive you can then refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

Support when you make a complaint

At any stage in the complaints process you can be represented by a friend, relative or an advocate. The only thing we will ask in order to do this is that we have your written consent for them to act on your behalf.

If you would like help in finding an advocate just let the Complaints Resolution Team know.

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

If you remain dissatisfied once we have considered your complaint you may wish to refer it to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman to consider it further. 

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

0300 061 0614

Text 'call back' to 07624 804 299

For more information visit

What to do if you want to pay us a compliment

If you would like to pay us a compliment, for instance about the services you receive or the people who help you, you can let the Complaints Resolution Team know. They will ensure your compliment is logged and passed on to the person or team involved.

What to do if you want to make a comment

If you wish to comment on the services you receive, you can write to the Complaints Resolution Team. They will ensure your feedback is given serious consideration, and that you receive a response.

Useful Links