Report abuse of an adult

If you think a vulnerable adult is being abused in any way, you should report this as a safeguarding concern.

If someone is in immediate danger, call the police on 999

What to do in an emergency

If you think a crime has been committed, you should contact the police on either 999,  101 or report online via

Safeguarding adults

Safeguarding adults means protecting them from abuse or neglect by getting the right support in place as early as possible, and to create an environment in which they feel safe and healthy.

There are many types of abuse and neglect which are defined in the Care Act 2014 as: 

  • physical abuse
  • sexual abuse
  • financial abuse
  • psychological abuse
  • self-neglect
  • domestic abuse
  • organisational abuse
  • modern-day slavery
  • discriminatory abuse 

Report a safeguarding concern about an adult

Members of the public

If you feel you or anyone you know is at risk of or experiencing abuse or neglect, you can report your concern to us using our online form.

Start now


If you are a professional, report your concern by complete our online form for professionals.

Start now 

By phone

You can call us on 020 8726 6500.

Please provide as much information as you can as this will help to progress the referral quickly. 

What happens next

The safeguarding referral will be checked by our social work team. They will make decisions on the next steps, which may involve contacting you to discuss the concerns further.