Section 278 agreements

Under Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980, we can authorise contractors to carry out works on the highways to enable development in accordance with granted planning permission.

Please note: no one will have the authority to work on the highway until the Section 278 Agreement has been completed.

We will accept an application via email providing it has been electronically signed, all drawings have been provided and the application fee has been sent through the post.

Please read the guidance notes at the end of the application form before answering any questions.

Contact Details

Highway Improvements Team
Department Development and Environment
Telephone 020 8726 6000 ext 62710

How do you rate this page?

Low |  Medium |  High |  What is this rating for?