Companion badges are a new type of parking permit to tackle the theft of blue badges from disabled drivers' vehicles. This permit can only be used by the vehicle displaying the associated registration number.
To qualify for a badge you must:
- be a resident of the London Borough of Croydon
- hold a current blue badge issued by the London Borough of Croydon
The cost is of the badge is £30 and this is to cover the administration charge.
There is a limit of 1 badge per blue badge holder.
How to use your badge
When displaying your badge you must ensure:
- that it is clearly visible at the front of the vehicle
- that the clock is displayed at all times
Where you can park
The companion badge allows the holder to park:
- in pay & display only bays
- in shared use bays
- on single and double yellow lines for up to 3 hours, except where there is a:
- loading and unloading ban
- stopping restriction
- footway parking ban
The companion badge is only valid within the borough of Croydon. Do not attempt to use it anywhere outside of Croydon.
How to apply
To apply for a companion badge, download and complete the application below. Do not send your blue badge with your application, but send a photocopy of both sides of the badge and your vehicle registration document (v5)/motability lease agreement.
The companion badge will expire on the same date as your existing blue badge. It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure they renew their permit in good time.