We are improving Walking and Cycling
We are investing over £3m to provide cycle and walking links to Croydon town centre and surrounding parks and green spaces.
The Connect2 scheme is divided into ‘core network’ and ‘wider network’ sections, the locations of which are illustrated in the plan of the network (available below as a download).
The Connect2 project is funded by Croydon Council, Transport for London, and Sustrans. The core network is fully funded.
Works Completed So Far
The scheme has so far provided the core network between Wandle Park and Lloyds Park including:
- Pedestrian and cycle crossings of Park Lane, the A232 Croydon Flyover, Roman Way and Barclay Road
- A walking route along the tram system between Wandle Park and Ampere Way Tram stops).
- New zebra crossings on Waddon Road and Charles Street
- An ‘on road’ cycle link between Park Hill and Lloyd Park using Chichester Road and Deepdene Avenue
We have also provided the following parts of the wider network:
- The cycle route in Phase 2 of Addiscombe Railway Park
To complete the ‘core network’ it is proposed to create:
- New cycle routes in three of Croydon’s Parks (Wandle Park, Park Hill Recreation Ground and Lloyd Park)
We are also developing designs for the following parts of the wider network:
- A further cycle link between the New South Quarter development and Wandle Park (across the Tram System)
- A widened footway /cycleway between New South Quarter and Waddon Marsh Tram Stop
Connected Croydon – Connect2
Completion of Core Network
Start on site: September 2016
Completion: July 2018
If you have any questions please contact the walking and cycling programme manager, Tom Sweeney tel. 020 8726 6000 ext 62575 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on Twitter @yourcroydon.