Open space & green infrastructure
An assessment of the borough’s proposed local green spaces that will be designated by the Croydon local plan: detailed policies and proposals can be downloaded below. You can also download the open space needs assessment documents below.
A review of the borough’s sites of nature conservation importance can be downloaded below. Each location has its own appendix which is available on request using the contact details below.
Habitat action plan is Croydon's biodiversity action plan. You can download the various parts below.
6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
- Review of Green Belt and Metropolitan Open Land [4.6MB]
- Extensions to Green Belt assessment against NPPF tests [27.0KB]
- Open space needs assessment [1.7MB]
- Open space needs assessment standards [966.4KB]
- Review of sites of nature conservation importance [3.8MB]
- Habitat action plan - cemeteries and churchyards [132.2KB]
- Habitat action plan - chalk grasslands [92.5KB]
- Habitat action plan - heathlands [154.6KB]
- Habitat action plan - woodlands and hedgerows [178.2KB]
- Re-designation of Metropolitan Open Land south of Shirley Oaks Hospital [1.7MB]
- Green Grid Technical Paper [1.6MB]
- Review of Green Belt and Metropolitan Open Land - map of sites.pdf [851.1KB]