London Borough of Croydon

How do I report unauthorised building work?

If you think that building work is being undertaken without approval, or contrary to the requirements of the regulations, you can use our unauthorised building work form. Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone on 020 8760 5637or by letter - see contact details below. Please provide as much information as you can, particularly regarding the address, location and nature of the work if known, as this will assist us in dealing with the complaint quickly.


Unauthorised work and contravention complaints are always treated in the strictest confidence. If you advise us of a scheme, we will not pass on your details to the owner of the property.


Building Control

020 8760 5637
020 8407 1321
Address Line:

Croydon Building Control

Croydon Council

Bernard Weatherill House

8 Mint Walk



DX: 136016 CROYDON 17