Due to COVID-19, all building control enquiries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your contact details so a member of our team can respond as soon as possible.
Our priorities during this period are:
- processing and checking building regulation applications
- making key site inspections – but as most staff will be based from home, you must email us to request or discuss inspections
Impact on site inspections
We aim to continue to offer a comprehensive inspection service as circumstances allow, either in person or remotely.
We will visit sites (for as long as it safe to do so or unless we are instructed otherwise by the government) to inspect the key structural parts of your project including (but not limited to):
- foundation excavations
- steel work
- fire safety work
If we make a physical site visit, we will take every precaution to ensure we all stay safe. Our surveyors will adhere to the latest government guidance around social distancing, by not shaking hands and maintaining a distance of 2 metres from people on site.
Carrying out inspections during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For some inspections that would usually require entry to a property, we will try to conduct these remotely and the best method of achieving this can be discussed with your surveyor.
Requesting site inspections and reporting danger structures
When booking a site inspection or reporting a dangerous structure, you should be able to tell us:
- whether anyone at the site (property owner, builder etc.) to be visited been ill and is now displaying the coronavirus symptoms
- if there be vulnerable people on the premises
- if anybody in the household is self-isolating
If the answer to any of the questions is yes, we will determine the best way to proceed, after a discussion with the building control surveyor.