In partnership with the Family Centre in Fieldway, New Addington, we are launching Food Stop, a way of helping residents’ to reduce their weekly spend on food shopping, at a time when finances are extremely tight.
Located within The Family Centre, and alongside the Community Connect services such as job club, health, well-being and benefits advice, the Food Stop shop offers local people the opportunity to reduce their food shopping bill by paying £3.50 a week for around £15-£20 worth of grocery shopping, helping residents save an average of £500-£700 per year.
If you would like to take advantage of this fantastic offering, please come along to the Family Centre bringing proof of address (membership currently only available to residents from New Addington and Fieldway) to sign up to become a member.
For just £3.50 a week members will get:
- 10 food items once a week, which can be selected from a wide range of products
- Support, tips and advice on healthy eating on a budget
- Opportunities to learn about healthy food
- Health/wellbeing offers i.e. free exercise class referrals
Local collection point
The Family Centre has also become a local collection point for the area. The local collection point is for local organisations who provide vital frontline services such as charities, community groups, churches and schools, to collect food on a weekly basis.
It is a partnership between Croydon Council, the Family Centre and Fareshare, a charity which organises for surplus food to go to charities and groups to provide nutritious meals alongside their ongoing support services.
The organisations currently signed up are:
- The Family Centre (for Food Stop and Community Cafe)
- New Addington Baptist Church
- Jubilee Kids Klub
- Orchard Park High School (was Edenham High School)
- Revivify Community Initiative
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Family Centre directly on: 01689 844 277.
The Family Centre, Fieldway, New Addington, Croydon, CR0 9AZ