Your home - your move
We are here to help you and your family live in an affordable and safe home. We aim to:
- Keep you in your current home, where possible, OR
- Help you find an alternative affordable private rented home.
Housing Facts in Croydon
We have about 5,000 households on our Housing register, with many people waiting over 10 years for social housing (council or housing association homes).
Almost 2,000 people apply as homeless each year to the council.
Only 260 council properties became available last year for people on our waiting list.
With pressures on housing supply in Croydon, there are a lot of myths about who can get council housing and what other options are available to people.
Our frequently asked questions can help answer a number of these myths.
Our key facts will show you the pressure for housing in Croydon.
You can download our Don't Mess with Croydon app to report empty properties straight to the relevant team.
Looking for another home?
If you are looking for somewhere to live there are some great alternative options available, where you can find a new home much quicker (a matter of a few weeks) if you take action yourself. Have a look at the popular options. For more information please go to www.croydonchoice.org.uk
Being made homeless - Need help?
If you are threatened with homelessness and need our help, our advice will depend on your current situation. For more information see our housing self help tool.
- Housing Frequently Asked Questions [221.7KB]
- Housing key Facts [165.6KB]
- Housing - Customer Stories [181.2KB]
- customer stories - Customers helped by homeless intervention [368.4KB]
- Customer stories - Keeping their tenancies [666.7KB]
- Customer stories - help feeling settled in new home [449.9KB]
- customer stories - Customers helped to find their own home [208.0KB]
- Customer Stories - In Emergency Accomodation and helped [310.5KB]
- Average waiting time for council homes in Croydon [23.1KB]