Removing permitted development rights
Article 4 Directions remove specific permitted development rights as set out in the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (as amended). The conservation area is under pressure from a number of changes which could result in threats to its special character and appearance and the following development rights will therefore be removed from properties within the conservation area:
- The provision within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse of hard surfaces
- The erection, construction, maintenance, improvement or alteration of a gate, fence, wall or other means of enclosure
The Council has confirmed a non-immediate Article 4 Direction and requires that planning permission be sought for those types of development listed above. The delegated report setting out the Council's approach to serving the Article 4 Direction is available to download below.
Owners/occupiers within the conservation area have been made aware of the confirmation of the Direction by letter and public notices have been published in a local newspaper and erected in the local vicinity. Copies of the letter and public notice can be downloaded below. The Secretary of State has also been notified in accordance with Paragraph 1, sub-paragraph 11 of Schedule 3 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015. The Article 4 Direction applies to selected properties (5-23 inclusive) within The Waldrons Conservation Area. A copy of the Direction, including a map defining the area covered is available from the download section below.
Requests for further information can be emailed to email@example.com or sent by post to: Spatial Planning Service, 6th floor Zone B, Development & Environment, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
The Article 4 Direction came into force on 21 January 2016.
Technical Guidance regarding permitted development for householders is available at www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/100806_PDforhouseholders_TechnicalGuidance.pdf
- Press Notice Confirming - The Waldrons [170.5KB]
- Confirmation Letter to Residents - The Waldrons [216.9KB]
- Further Information - The Waldrons [177.6KB]
- Sealed confirmation of Article 4 - The Waldrons [279.6KB]
- Redacted delegated report - Chatsworth Rd and The Waldrons Article [617.1KB]