Charges for service
Our charging policy has been developed to comply with The Care Act 2014. If you receive any of the chargeable services below, you will need to fill out a financial assessment form. This helps us work out how much you can afford to pay towards the cost of your care.
- home care
- live-in carers
- day care
- Croydon Careline/Telecare
- supporting people
- sheltered housing
- special sheltered housing (personal/intimate care and laundry)
- adult placement scheme
- community support
- residential care home placements
Other services may be added to this list.
Calculating your contribution
The rules used to calculate how much you can afford to pay towards the cost of your care depends on the type of service you receive. In general terms, services are categorised into either non-residential care (care provided to you whilst you live independently in the community) and residential care (care provided to you whilst you live in a residential care home). You should read charging information that is applicable to the type of care you receive.
Help and information
Financial assessment process and charging for care
Further help and information is available. If you have any questions you should speak with your care manager if you have one or you can call the charging helpline on: 020 8760 5676. You can download a list of charges for adult social care below along with other relevant information.
- 2017/18 Fees and charges – Adult Social Services [33.1KB]
- Croydon's charging policy - April 2015 - Adult Social Services [733.5KB]
- Financial assessment form 2015-16 - Adult Social Services [94.3KB]
- Checklist of information required for financial assessment [282.1KB]
- Deferred payments information [117.0KB]