Croydon's geographic information system service (GIS) is based upon the council's corporate GIS database. It provides mapping tools that allows you to access a variety of information such as Ordnance Survey base maps and map layers held by the London Borough of Croydon.
Please note - the GIS service is mainly for planning and business use. If you are a resident and want information about your home and nearby services and facilities, please visit the About your area interactive mapping site.
Using the GIS service
You can use this facility to:
- find places or properties within Croydon
- move around the map and zoom in or out
- turn map layers on or off and find out useful information about services within the district
- select features on the map to find out more information about them
- print maps.
Getting started: we strongly recommend that when you go into the mapping application, you read the on-line help which you find in the left hand menu.
There are lots of ways to browse our maps:
- if you know the address of a property try the 'Address Search' in the left hand menu
- if you are interested in finding information about boundaries, council facilities and many more layers of information try the 'Map Layers', in the left hand menu
Please note: address search in this system is based on the London Borough of Croydon’s Local Land Property Gazetteer. So you will be able to find addresses only within Croydon. You will not be able to search for areas such as parks as these do not have a postal address. If you have any queries about an address then please contact email@example.com
If you have any suggestions, problems or feed-back about this system that you would like to share with us then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously updating and improving the map system. More data will be available in the near future.