Select and Collect
From 12 April you will be able to place your book reservations online, by email or by phone (leaving a message). We will contact you with a suitable collection date and time from one of the following libraries: Central Library, Bradmore Green Library, Seldson Library, Coulsdon Library, Ashburton Library, New Addington Library, Norbury Library, Purley Library, South Norwood or Thornton Heath Library.
Our digital library remains open 24/7 providing access to thousands of books, magazines and newspapers. All this is available for free to library members with a library card. If you're not a library member you can join instantly online.
Follow Croydon Libraries on Facebook for regular online activities.
All books with a return date from 2 December 2020 will be automatically renewed
Visiting Croydon Libraries
From 26 April, six Croydon Libraries will be offering time-limited visits for browsing and scheduled computer use: Ashburton, New Addington, Central, Norbury, Selsdon, Thornton Heath
To keep customers safe, scheduled appointments will be required for computer sessions, and will last for 45 minutes to give time for cleaning. You can book your session with the library.
(Please note that the last admission time for browsing is 30mins before closing.)
When visiting the library:
- Queuing systems and social distancing measures will be in place
- Hand sanitiser will be available at library entrances
- Face coverings must be worn at all times whilst in the library
- We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the library at any one time so that everyone can maintain social distancing
- Computers will be cleaned after every customer use
- Some of our services cannot be offered at this time, including study spaces, activities, events and hard copies of newspapers
Croydon libraries are displaying the NHS App QR codes on posters at all customer entrances. As part of track and trace you can scan in at the library by scanning the QR code or our staff will take your details. The libraries will keep your details securely for 21 days and securely dispose of them after that period.