Our Select and Collect service lets you select and reserve books for collection. This can be done online, via email or phone (by leaving a message).
Once your items are ready we will contact you to arrange a suitable day and time for collection.Your chosen books will be provided in a bag that's been quarantined for 72 hours, following government guidance.
If you're not a library member you can join online
How to select books online
To select books online please use your online library account
How to select books by email or phone
To select books by email or phone, please use the contact details for one of the Select and Collect libraries listed below.
Select and Collect libraries
020 7884 5175
Bradmore Green Library
020 7884 5220
020 7884 5180
Croydon Central Library
020 7884 5140
New Addington Library
020 7884 5205
020 7884 5215
020 7884 5160
020 7884 5165
020 7884 5190
020 7884 5170
020 7884 5195
Thornton Heath Library
020 7884 5185
Information to include for email or phone selections
If you select books by email or phone, please include as much of the following information:
- your name (as shown on your library card
- your email address
- a contact phone number (we may need to contact you for more information)
- the item(s) you want to request (maximum of 10 items) you can include authors and titles, or a brief description of the type of book you want, for example; crime novels, biographies, children's picture books
- your membership barcode number
- your preferred branch for collection
Books in a bag for children
We can also supply a pre-selected bag of books from these choices (six items per bag)
- Children's picture books
- Children's Summer Reading Challenge lucky dip (please give the age of the child)
- Children's non-fiction lucky dip (please give the age of the child)
Can't a find book you want?
If you can't find a specific book that you are looking for, you can phone (and leave a message), or email one of the Select and Collect libraries listed on this page.
Returning library items
If you are returning items during a Select and Collect appointment, we will ask you to leave them at a returns point and not hand them to staff. They will be quarantined before being available for selection.
You can also return items to these libraries outside of operating hours: Bradmore Green, Broad Green, Coulsdon, Purley, Selsdon, Shirley, South Norwood , Norbury and Thornton Heath.
We are unable to take donations of books at present.