Organised Sport & Physical Activity in Parks (Including Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Classes)
If you wish to use one of Croydon’s parks to run organised sport and fitness sessions you must obtain a park user agreement.
We issue park user agreements to sports & physical activity clubs, personal trainers and businesses. These park user agreement permit the use of park space to run organised activities which allow us to regulate use and maintain safety.
Applying for a park user agreement:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a park user agreement and provide the following information:
- The details of the park you wish to operate in
- Proposed dates & times of your session
- Include relevant documents (e.g. qualifications, first aid certificate, etc.)
- Proof of insurance
- Completed risk assessments for your activity
- Covid-19 risk assessment/ method statement which details an understanding of the Government Guidance
This risk assessment guidance includes:
- Number of participants (Maximum ratios of 1 coach/instructor in ‘cluster groups’ of no more than 5 participants).
- Maintain social distancing at all times including:
- Instructors and participants in cluster groups
- Clear separation of space between other cluster groups and park users
- Changeover time between back to back sport & fitness sessions
- Registers for Track & Trace purposes
- Hand sanitising, equipment cleaning and equipment sharing protocol.
Due to Covid-19 and government restrictions on social distancing we are currently issuing all park user agreements for free until 31st March 2021
Why we issue park user agreements
- All visitors should have access to and use of public open spaces we must protect public parks for everyone to enjoy and benefit from various forms of sport & fitness training in public spaces
- Sport & Fitness operators must have appropriate qualifications (based on industry best practice)
- Sport & Fitness operators must be fully insured and hold liability for participants' safety we must manage the high demand for sport and fitness providers wishing to use Croydon’s parks
- To ensure activities are safe and all appropriate measures to prevent transmission of Covid-19 infection are taken.
- There's a high demand for sport & fitness providers using our parks and not all applications will be approved.