Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London's most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike. We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents.
We are committed to excellence in all we do. Our values reflect the attitude and approach we take to working together to deliver services to our borough.
- One team - Crossing boundaries to work together towards shared goals with colleagues, partners and communities
- Proud to serve - Striving to always do our best for the community, getting the most from limited resources and using taxpayers’ money wisely
- Honest and open - Working hard to build trust by treating everyone with honesty and integrity
- Taking responsibility - Encouraging and supporting each other to take responsibility and show what we can do, learning together and recognising all of our contributions
- Valuing diversity - We make the most of the many perspectives that make Croydon distinctive.
- 28 or 30 days annual leave
- Opportunity to explore flexible working options from the start of employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Interest free loans for bikes and season tickets
- Opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave
- Discounted car parking permits
- Discounted leisure facilities and gym memberships
- Discounts at local retailers
- Monthly and annual staff awards scheme
- Travel and holiday discounts
- Savings on health plans and beauty therapies
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff counselling and support services
- Access to membership of internal staff network groups including disability, mental health, LGBT and carers.