Croydon’s new cultural internships scheme offers young people aged 16-24 the opportunity to gain paid work experience with both internationally acclaimed and local arts organisations.
Five placements are available with UK’s leading black theatre company, Talawa; Croydon’s world-class chamber orchestra, the London Mozart Players (LMP); the world-famous The BRIT school; fashion company FMM Pop Up who have just moved to Croydon from Camden; and our very own Croydon Music and Arts.
The cultural internships project has been developed by the council and supported by Croydon Partnership, the joint venture between Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield and Hammerson which is set to redevelop Croydon’s retail centre.
All placements will offer wages at the London Living Wage.
The project is being launched as a pilot, offering five placements in early 2019 with plans to increase this to 20 placements by 2020.
Young people can find out more and apply through the Croydon Works website:
- Croydon’s Music Education Hub - www.croydonworks.co.uk/opportunities/1716/croydon-music-arts-internship
- LMP - croydonworks.co.uk/opportunities/1708/cultural-internship
- BRIT School - croydonworks.co.uk/opportunities/1707/community-arts-internship
- Talawa - croydonworks.co.uk/opportunities/1706/theatre-administration-internship
- FMM Popup - croydonworks.co.uk/opportunities/1712/sale-and-marketing-intern