- Our total reward package
- A great place to live and work
- Competitive pay and generous annual leave
- Work-life balance
- First class training and development
- Unbeatable Local Government Pension
- Season tickets, cycling and parking
- Employee assistance and free counselling
- Healthcare plans
- Gym membership discounts
- Save on child care costs
- Shopping, leisure and holiday discounts
Work-life balance and a manageable workload
It's important to us to help our employees achieve the right work/life balance.
Flexible and agile working
We strive to support flexible working, and offer both flexible and agile working.
- Part time working
- Term time only working
- Compressed hours (e.g. nine day fortnight, 36 hours worked over a four day week)
- Job share
- Working from home
- Career breaks
All working options can be considered based on the needs of the service.
A manageable workload
We are committed to ensuring that our staff hold manageable caseloads. This includes a protected caseload for all newly qualified social workers during their post-qualifying year. Our social workers have testified to a significantly reduced caseload in the past four years.