- Our total reward package
- A great place to live and work
- Competitive pay and generous annual leave
- Work-life balance
- First class training and development
- Unbeatable Local Government Pension
- Season tickets, cycling and parking
- Employee assistance and free counselling
- Healthcare plans
- Gym membership discounts
- Save on child care costs
- Shopping, leisure and holiday discounts
Gym membership discounts
The GymFlex scheme allows you to take up an annual gym or leisure club membership using salary sacrifice. You can join even if you have an existing 12 month contract.
Not only do you get a corporate discount rate and national insurance saving of up to 12%. The council will pay the upfront cost of your annual membership and deduct it from your monthly salary over the period of one year.
This offer applies to over 2500 gyms in the UK including Fitness First, Virgin Active, David Lloyd and Nuffield Health. But if you find a gym that isn’t currently part of the scheme, we will try our best to get it added to the list.