- Our total reward package
- A great place to live and work
- Competitive pay and generous annual leave
- Work-life balance
- First class training and development
- Unbeatable Local Government Pension
- Season tickets, cycling and parking
- Employee assistance and free counselling
- Healthcare plans
- Gym membership discounts
- Save on child care costs
- Shopping, leisure and holiday discounts
Competitive pay and generous annual leave
We offer competitive salaries with the opportunity to apply for career progression
- Social Worker (Grade 11) – from £36,372 to £38,229 pa (gross) plus benefits
- Experienced Social Worker (Grade 12) – from £39,147 to £41,025 pa (gross) plus benefits
- Advanced Social Worker (Grade 14) – from £41,898 to £43,815 pa (gross) plus benefits
Social Workers appointed to a 'key worker' post within the children in need service, receive an additional recruitment and retention package* of:
- A £1,000 retention payment made after one years' service
- One additional month’s salary paid following successful completion of the probation period
- Wandle Road car park permit – no charge
*This additional offer is available for a time limited period.
Generous paid annual leave
You will receive 26 – 30* days annual leave (plus bank holidays) depending on the job, you do and how long you've worked for us.
*30 days for staff on Grade 11 and above, or those with more than 5 years' service.
Option to purchase additional annual leave
There's also an option to buy 10 extra days of annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme. This means that you could have an allowable 36 – 40 days leave (subject to conditions).