Paying your rent
There are a number of ways to pay your rent.
A quick and easy way to pay your rent or check your account balance.
Create an online account. Please make sure that you have your housing rents account number to hand as you will need this to set up an account.
Managing your account online, allows you to:
- Make payment using a credit or debit card
- View all of your rent accounts
- Print statements
- Contact your income officer
Please note there is a surcharge of 1.65% if you pay by credit card. There is no surcharge for debit cards.
There are advantages to paying your rent by direct debit and many of our tenants are doing just that. We will even give you a one-off payment of £15 when you set up a rent direct debit and £5 for garages.
Once you have agreed to pay by direct debit you will benefit from:
- automatic payments - you no longer have to remember to pay each month
- payment date options - you can choose to have your payments taken on either the 1st or 14th of each month.
- if a credit (pre-payment) or debit (arrears) is created on your rent account, your direct debit payment will be recalculated to take into consideration any changes to your account for the remaining monthly payments. You will receive five days notification of any changes to your direct debit payments.
- when a tenancy ends the direct debit automatically ends
- the council will update your direct debit every year and inform you of any changes.
To start paying by direct debit, please download, complete and return the 'Rents direct debit form' below.
Download a 'standing order form' below. Please make sure you write your rent account number on the form before sending it to your bank or building society.
If your tenancy ends, it will be your responsibility to cancel the standing order.
Post Office and PayPoint outlets
You can pay your rent and council tax at Post Offices and PayPoint outlets throughout the region using the payment card.
Find your nearest PayPoint outlet.
You can still make a credit or debit card payment over the phone by calling 0345 3000 614.
Please note there is a surcharge of 1.65% if you pay by credit card. There is no surcharge for debit cards
Help with paying your rent
Visit the "what to do if you cannot pay your rent" web page for help and advice on paying your rent.
If you need to contact your income officer please create an online account to book an appointment.