Benefits enquiries

Where can I find information about housing support? 

You can find more information, help, and support on our Housing pages.

Can I get help with my income and paying my rent? 

Anyone fleeing Ukraine with a visa can apply for benefits such as universal credit, state pension credit, and housing benefit from the date they arrive. Your local Job Centre Plus will be able to help you find out which benefits you may be able to access or call 0800 328 5644 for help with universal credit.

Can I get housing and/or homelessness assistance? 

People granted leave under the Ukraine Family Scheme or the Homes for Ukraine sponsorship scheme are eligible for social housing and homelessness assistance.

If you need housing support, please complete our online self-help tool. This will provide an initial housing plan which gives some information about looking for accommodation and what help is available. You will also be able to book an appointment with the homeless triage team.