Croydon Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary service offering:
Who is it for?
- children and adolescents with persistent and severe mental health problems
- their families
- professionals working with them.
This is a multi-agency integrated service committed to delivering both mental health and related social care services in one setting.
- To offer diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention to children and adolescents who have a serious mental health disorder or psychological difficulties, and to their families
- To provide assessment and treatment where the disturbance of functioning may result in physical and mental harm to the child, especially if without therapeutic input there might be deterioration in the child's mental health or in achieving optimum developmental potential
- To offer an urgent and non-urgent specialist service.
Referrals are accepted for children and young people (up the age of 18) and their families. Referrals are made with the referees' knowledge and agreement. They typically exhibit persistent and significant disturbance of functioning where there is a likelihood of one of the following:
- psychotic illness
- affective disorder
- anxiety disorder or phobia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- developmental disorders (childhood autism, Asperger's syndrome)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder or traumas related to child protection issues
- severe behavioural disturbance with underlying treatable condition
- eating disorders
- deliberate self harm.
We also accept referrals where it is thought that family functioning severely impairs the social and emotional development of the child.
Who can refer?
Any professional or agency that has carried out an assessment and is in a position to provide sufficient information to meet the criteria regarding the child and the family. They may be GPs, paediatricians, Social Services, educational psychologists, head teachers, health visitors and others. Self referrals are not accepted.
To request a referral form, please contact the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service
Christopher Wren House
113 High Street